Fix Svchost.exe (netsvcs) High CPU Usage – SVCHOST.EXE is the executable file which always runs in the background and uses all the CPU Power always. You can see that your Windows Operating System becomes slow whenever you try to open or whenever you try to run the applications, your Windows performance becomes slow. This is because as the CPU has no power to run applications to your Windows Operating System. Most of the CPU power has taken by the SVCHOST.EXE which is a task which runs in the background. So it’s better to control the CPU and RAM usage on your Windows Operating System to have a better performance.
Here are the simple steps to fix the issue on your Windows Operating System as you can set the minimum usage od your CPU and RAM. You can use these steps on any of the Windows Operating System available.
Fix SVCHOST>EXE (netsvcs) High CPU usage
Many Operating Systems have drivers which work for a short duration of time and then stops whenever they want. It makes the CPU usage a mess and then your CPU fills up. So if you try to run the applications on your Windows Operating System, you can see that the performance is very low. So have a look at the CPU usage regularly on your Windows Operating System whenever you use.
First, you need to clean your disk space on your Windows Operating System and then you can update your device driver to repair the EXE issues. This helps to check and to correct CPU usage by svchost or else you can also choose any other method to update your device driver. But, you know Svchost k is necessary for windows process to load other windows service which holds the functionality.
Do you know which ports are important to connect to the internet? If no! then you need to know about all the ports which are important and you need to know about the ports which your system Malware uses to connect to the internet. Due to this cause, your CPU usage becomes full. Also, you need to check your HOST file whether it is repaired or not. But if you think that your HOST file has some error then you can restart your Windows Operating System immediately.
Note:- Remember that if you are using the old hardware device to run your Windows Operating System then you need to restart your Windows Operating regularly. So that your Windows Operating System works smoothly.
Step by Step process to Stop Svchost.exe (netsvcs) Causing High CPU Usage
Method 1:- BY SCANNING YOUR COMPUTER FOR VIRUS
As you know due to virus or malware on your Windows Operating System, system performance decreases. You can scan your Windows Operating System and then you can fix the svchost.exe high CPU/memory usage problem.
If you have Windows Defender on your Windows OS then you can use else you can use any other third party application to scan your Windows Operating System and fix them.
Method 2:- By Disabling the service that causes the “svchost” high CPU Usage
Here are few steps to follow to fix the svchost high CPU Usage issues on your Windows Operating System.
- Open your Windows Operating System and then Sign In.
- Open Task Manager from the Power Menu (Win + X) or else by using any other shortcut.
- After opening Task Manager, Click on Processes and then click on Show Processes.
- Then right-click on high usage svchost.exe and then click on the Service.
Here, you need to find out which process is using the high CPU.
- Now, you need to perform the search and then stop the unwanted service on your Windows Operating System.
- Click on the service you want to stop and then right-click.
- Click on Stop Service.
But, if you want to disable the service then you can follow these steps.
- Press Win + R keys on your Windows Operating System.
- Type services.msc and click Enter.
- You can see a new tab of Services.
- Click on the Service Management and then right-click on service.
- Click on Properties and then choose Startup Type and set Disabled.
- Click OK and then Restart your Windows OS to apply the changes.
Method 3:- By Clearing Event Viewer Logs
- Press Win + R and then type eventwr.msc.
- Click Ok to see the Event Viewer tab.
- In the left pane, you can see the Windows Logs. Double click on the Windows Logs and then you can see the Application label.
- Right click on Application and then click on Clear Log.
Now you need to clear logs in Security, Setup, System, and Forwarded Events and then restart your Windows Operating System.
Method 4:- By Downloading and Installing the Latest Windows Updates
Yes, by downloading and installing the latest Windows Updates, your Windows OS works well. You do not find any CPU usage issues. So to check the updates on your Windows Operating System.
- Click on the Settings tab and then choose Update & Recovery.
- Click on Check for Updates and then you can see that your Windows OS will check for updates and then click on download and install.
So this installs the latest applications and files required for your Windows Operating System to work smoothly.
These are the different methods to know How to Fix Svchost.exe (netsvcs) High CPU Usage on any of the Windows Operating System.