How to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanently – Do you ever think about using any other web browser frequently other than Google Chrome? No right? Yes, it’s because of its features and it is simple to use. Google Chrome is one of the best web browsers to use as it gives the exact search you want. But many of them do not know that Google Chrome is not that secure to use. Yes, I say it because sometimes you can see an error page with message err_spdy_protocol_error. This error says that your webpage is not available. If you get this kind of error message on your screen then you can fix it quickly. Here this article helps you to fix the Google Chrome error immediately without wasting any time.
What is Chrome ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR?
ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR occurs mainly on the HTTP enabled websites like Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, and also all the websites. You can see that this error may not work on any of the websites on your Google Chrome since you are using all the HTTP enabled website. So before you think about anything, find the main reason which makes your browser to not work.
- Due to Outdated Google Chrome Browser.
- Due to Antivirus Blicking.
- Due to Firewall Blocking.
SPDY is a protocol designed for Google Chrome which searches for the right website you search and display the output. But if SPDY protocol doesn’t work then you Google Chrome doesn’t give you the exact search. If you are using the old version of Google Chrome then ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR occurs as Google has stopped to support SPDY protocol.
If you are worried about the SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on your Google Chrome home screen. Then you can follow these steps to resolve or fix the issue immediately.
How to Fix the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Google Chrome?
ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is nothing but a network error which you can easily by using these steps.
First, try to clear all the browsing history and clear all the Cache on the Google Chrome. Then search for the website you wish. Sometimes this may help you to fix the SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on your Google Chrome. Even after this if you see the same error message then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Method 1:- By Flushing the Socket Method
Yes, by flushing the socket in Google Chrome, you can fix the issues on your Windows Operating System.
- Open your Windows Operating and then open your Google Chrome. Type the URL in the search bar “chrome://net-internals/#sockets” and then click on Enter.
- Now you can see many options like Close Idle Sockets, Flush Socket Geeks, and many more.
- Now, you need to click on the arrow mark which is at the top right corner of the page.
- Choose Flush Sockets.
- As you click on it, Google Chrome will Flush all the sockets on your web browser.
- Now search for the website you wish.
This will fix the error on your Windows Operating System. Else type “chrome://net-internals/#event&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active” and click enter.
Click on the Flush Sockets Pools and then try to visit the website you wish.
Method 2:- Flush DNS Cache from your System
If you using Windows PC then you need to open Command Prompt or if you using Linux then you need to open the Terminal.
- Now, you need to type the commands in the Command Prompt or Terminal.
If you are a Windows user then you need to type the below mentioned commands.
- ipconfig/flush DNS
If you are a Linux user then you need to type the below mentioned commands.
If you are a Mac user then you need to type the commands which are mentioned below.
- dscacheuti -flushcache;sudo killal -HUPmDNSResponder
This is the commands which help you to flush the cache on your respective Operating System.
After you enter the commands click on enter and then try to visit the website in from Google Chrome.
Method 3:- Clear All the Cookies and Cache from the System
Yes, you need to clear all the Cookies and Cache from your System due to the security issue. This method will surely fix the issue on your Google Chrome.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser and then click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the History Tab and then navigate to Clear Browsing Data option.
- As you click on it, you can see a pop-up box on the Google Chrome and then check the boxes of “Cached Images and Files” and “Cookies and Other sites and Plug-in data”.
- Remember that you need not check any other boxes and if any other boxes are checked then uncheck them immediately.
- Here you need to set “Obliterate the following items” option to “the beginning of time”.
- Click on clear browsing data option and then save.
So this will definitely solve the issue on your Google Chrome immediately.
Method 4:- Updating your Google Chrome Browser
Yes, by updating your Google Chrome web browser, you can fix all the protocol issues on your Windows Operating System. An outed version of Google Chrome may give your such kind of errors on your Windows Operating System. So better to check your version of Google Chrome and then update it to the latest version. If you find difficult to update to the latest version then you uninstall the Google Chrome and then install the latest version of Google Chrome from the internet.
Method 5:- By Using the Incognito Mode of Google Chrome
Yes, interestingly you can use Incognito Mode of Google Chrome which doesn’t give you any kind of errors in your web browser. So if you want to visit the website urgently, then you can use this method to visit and then later you can fix the issue permanently.
So finally, you have five different methods to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanently on your Windows Operating System. You can try all the methods to fix the issues one by one.